Yet another of the SoCal fires has turned out to be man made. This time it's a little boy playing with matches.
Officials blamed a wildfire that consumed more than 38,000 acres and destroyed 21 homes last week on a boy playing with matches, and said they would ask a prosecutor to consider the case.
The boy admitted to sparking the fire on Oct. 21, Angeles County sheriff's Sgt. Diane Hecht said Tuesday. Ferocious winds helped it quickly spread.
"He admitted to playing with matches and accidentally starting the fire," Hecht said in a statement.
Police did not release the boy's name. Michael Brown only would say Wednesday that he was younger than 13.